Friday, October 02, 2009

Hollandaise Sauce and Eggs

Egg has always been my favorite food item. As such, it is naturally that I am drawn to Hollandaise sauce.

A couple of favorite Hollandaise ladden meal (to be fair, I've only tasted these five so far, and they all made into the list):
  1. IHOP's Spinach and Mushroom Omelette
  2. Atlantis Hotel brunch buffet's egg benedict
  3. Cafe Amelia's Salmon Omelette (Bibi and my favorite)
  4. Some fish (forget the species) we baked for dinner one time
  5. Denny's Slam Burger (hmmm...not sure if it was cheese sauce or Hollandaise)
Last night, after a dream of munching on #3 with Bibi, I gave up and made my own Hollandaise sauce and recreated #2 sans muffin (and ham). Instead, I pan-toasted Trader Joe's sliced wheat bread. I poached an egg succesfully in my opinion, considering it was my first time poaching eggs.

Here is the Tyler Florence Hollandaise Sauce recipe I used. Half cup of butter, you said? I know! But it is worth it.

I had a microwaved egg with hollandaise and herb mix salad with cranberries and balsamic vinaigrette for lunch today. Uhhm, yummy!

No comments: