Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Eat This, Bibi!

My flightless avian spousal unit/sidekick and I love thriller political drama movie. All hell breaks loose when we watched The Ghost Writer the first time this past Saturday. We just could not help to watch it again two more times within the next 24 hours. Note: those two more times watching were with caption turned on for greater clarity.

In between times of the day we were not concentrating on the movie, we both turned to IMDB for its user forum using our respective laptops. Hubbostrich kept yelling stuff at some of the posts, while I kept my cool and reading. The next morning, he even started his day perusing more postings on the movie. Yes, he was totally fixated. Everything about the movie fascinates him but the story line, the parallel to real world politics, the characters, and the ending got his most attention.

The highest point to me about this movie was this dialogue between Hubbostrich and yours truly. I was laying down in the sofa with my laptop munching on some chocolate while Hubbostrich was getting all worked up by his passion for the movie. If we were to connect an EEG machine to him, we could probably see his brain operating at its fullest capacity.

Hubbostrich: "See, they needed to hire a smart ghost writer. They are not going to hire you [pointing at me], they are going to hire me [pointing at himself]."

I: "What? Are you saying you're smarter than me? [Proceeding to choke him.]"

Hubbostrich: "Ouch, stop, you're hurting me."

All I am going to comment is that a smart person should never proclaims his/her smartness because you know there is somebody who is smarter than you and you will be left feeling foolish about yourself. Furthermore, the nature of our relationship as man and wife is best left to the character of Maria Portokalos, "The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants."

All in all, we both really love the movie and that is all that matter.

No comments: