Monday, March 30, 2009

So Close to Home

There are three events today that made the day bound to be remembered than most days these days. Two of them hit, literally, so close to home.

  1. Earthquake, a 4.3 Richter scale, with epicenter within 20 mile radius of my place of work and residence, at 10:40 AM. From what I've gathered from news, no major impact on the daily life of the South-Bayers. People at work including myself didn't experience any jolt whatsoever. The quake possibly was pale in comparison to the busy, noisy lab activities. Mainly, I suspected the building owner has practiced good architecture on designing an earthquake resistant structure.
  2. An apparent murder-suicide that left six people dead (four were children) and one critically injured. It was within one mile from my apartment complex and happened on Sunday night around 8:30. Guns were found in the crime scene. Victim identities slowly revealed. Motive was still in the air. Place of incident, though, is widely publicized. I went on my own tour of the area tonight, although at the end I decided I couldn't take the view of it and drove the other way around. God rest your souls...
  3. I asked boss for a swing shift instead of a normal day shift, he granted my request. My sole reason is that it will be more effective for me to work at this allocated window as machines are less occupied then. The lab is my oyster, or as BF texted me a reply:
    Your plan to dominate the world inches forward...
    Uhm, more like mils forward, BF.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I went on my own tour of the area tonight" -- I totally saw this coming. That PI blood is still raging within you, I know it.

Xinda said...

I lost my coldbloodedness, though. It was just tragic (the incident, not my loosing myself)...

JengMayNot said...

Oww... you are working there :) Kirain masih kuliah, Xin :)

Hmmm... udah ada murder-suicide di daerah situ? Things have changed :( Gw selalu under impression bahwa daerah itu tenang dan damai :)