Sunday, July 23, 2006

Northgate et. al.

Out of the errands I planned to run yesterday, I managed to do everything but the laundry and the cooking.

Got pulled up by the cops for not having properly working brake lamp.... minutes after I left the garage place where they just fixed the darn thing. With the receipt at hand, I explained the situation. They let me go with a warning instead of a citation. Don't even want to correlate that luck factor with the fact that I dressed to expose some feminine features that afternoon: a mini skirt and a (somehow) cleaveage showing top. Ha!

At last minute, a friend of a friend was visiting and was interested on having a racquetball match with yours truly --hence, the postpone of laundry and cooking. We went to the Rec Center at 8 PM and was done by 9. The guy plays squash back home, so he says it's quite an (easy) experience to try racquetball.

As I was about to ponder on what to do after the Rec trip, my friend proposed to us a taste of Northgate night life. I said, sure, without realizing how complicated it is to get ready and this is on top of that I probably don't have anything "decent" to wear.

The guys picked me up at 11:30 and that officially jumpstarted the bar hopping experience of 2006. Got through some racist bouncers. Somehow danced to a lot of countries, R&B, and the 80's. Didn't drink too much: a Sake Bomb, a Long Island, a Bailey's and a Bud Light. Didn't realize that some guy was picking moi up. Did okay with the high heels.

Afterward, we went to IHOP. I didn't get home until 4:30 in the morning and even then still felt restless. Before I tried to go to bed, I left you an offline message, "hoi...pa kabar kerjaan."

3 comments:

-chrysalic- said...

fyi,
i can make a killer Sake Bomb.
hah!

Xinda said...

Wish me luck tomorrow, so maybe I can plan a December trip home and we all can meet up again...and you should make that killer Sake Bomb for me.

Anonymous said...

me working
you clubbing
tsk tsk tsk
it should the other way round
haha
-ny-