Saturday, July 29, 2006

Weekend Edition

Last year, between R and I, we scavenged a lot of computer parts --mostly hard drives and memories-- from Z*a*c*h*r*y's trash container. Since I inherited this built-in-the-mamoth-era office computer last March, I haven't had a chance to install any slave drive for it. Finally today, the first thing I wanted to get done was just that.

It was my luck that not only the scavenged hard drive did not work, but also the computer could not recognize the original drive after I pulled the non-working one off. It finally comes to live again, but not after several plugging and replugging cables and what not and subsequent restarting attempts.

What is it with me and computers?

----

Two hours into my sleep last night, err, this morning, err, wee hours of Friday morning, I woke up with a sudden pang of pain in my lower stomach. It'd better be associated with the shedding of the linings of a certain wall, I thought. And it was.

I just didn't want to sacrifice any more of the precious hours of sleep to succumb for it. I've been on a constant lack of sleeping situation since forever plus the black eyes just don't do one justice, no? But the cram was too excrutiating and there was no way I could continue sleeping without taking any analgesic. The problem was that we were out of anything like that at home.

But wait. What did Dr. X find lying around? A box of non-drowsy Dayquil, which, it turns out, contains >90% acetaminophen. Bingo! It definitely would work for the pain. And it did.

---

I succeed in assembling a group of five or six of us to go watch the musical tonight. Let's see how much fun it would be.

--

Koko N*a*i*b*o*r*h*u: dulu kan si ucok kalo kita ajak panjat pohon nggak pernah mau
xinda warrior princess: oh ya?
xinda warrior princess: aku mau nggak?
Koko N*a*i*b*o*r*h*u: kamu kan kalo aku manjat kamu juga ikut
Hi hi hi...

-

Was on a three-minute phone call to Daddy, wishing him a happy birthday. 54 this year! He was at work 100 kms away from home and won't get home until Thursday. Poor, Papa. I miss him and Mama so much.


My Father and me, Gili Trawangan, December 2004

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shedding of the wall.. ha! reminds me of biology lesson in high school :D

happy birthday ooommmm :D tambah fangki yaaa..

--d--

Xinda said...

:D

Makasih. *diwakilkan*