Friday, July 06, 2007

Being A Little Shallow

As I get older I care more and more care about my body image, in a healthy way of course. Take for example, along with sensible intake of food, I don't mind getting drenched in sweat at the gym working out for a flatter stomach, a nice upper body (I'm giving up on my lower part, ha ha) or just to maintain the weight with cardio exercise. In fact, I felt the sexiest last summer when Rec Buddy and I conjured in daily intensive high intensity training--I want those protruded veins on my feet back!

Lately, I couldn't afford the amount of gym trips necessary to maintain the weight, much less to lose a couple of pounds away. And then I remember there is an immediate goal to attain, I need to fit better in this dress for a wedding in August. The dress as you can see is very forgiving on the lower part but not necessary on the top part.

So, yeah, I need to put myself in a mild boot camp of diet and exercise. I don't know if I can do that in the middle of everything that's going on in my life. But then, life is life. And as is, there will always be something going on with it.

No comments: