Monday, September 24, 2007

Fish-tanker

What's your plan? To become a professor?

Nah, I don't want to.

What do you mean? You actually are really good at teaching.

Nah, I sometimes need to contemplate not to snap. "You're not doing it right!"

Well, that's kinda what we sometime needs from a professor.

It was part of a practical conversation par above what I've ever had with anyone. This guy is freaking bright and amazing. From there we talked about his idea of new kind of built-in heat exchanger on his future house, the one he will build by himself instead of handling it to developer.

"Heat exchanger is my forte," he proclaimed.

"I love to watch This Old House," I said. I share this idea of building something with your own hand. Carpentry, plumbing, dry-walling, electronics, he has done them all. I see my father in him. What a renaissance man!

Last but not least, his eyes got lit up when the conversation turned into salt water aquariums. Hey, what do I know, I met another person who shares the same passion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love TOH too!! we have the mags in the office and i like to read it hehe.. it seems nice to save an old house and fix it, renovate it to the current standard.. it seems like a lot of work though.

dd