Monday, September 10, 2007

Curiosity

Have you ever been wondering about who is the person behind a familiar voice, much like a built-up curiosity about a writer --and by writer I also meant bloggers-- more than just what appear on the writings? How are these people presenting themselves in real life? Well, I have, too many times to count.

It was Garrison Keillor of the A Praire Home Companion fame speaking in an ALA Conference back in June which was aired this weekend on Book TV. He was articulate on his narratives as always. The radio program succeeded to make me feel like I am a part of the Midwesterners. I have soft spot for life in the region, My Antonia is one of my favorite books.
.
.
.
As much as my own belittlement of the fads on health and fitness, I've grown to follow suit. In my defense, I do it for the sake of variety more than the faith on miraculous effect they promise. Every other day or so I undergo my version of beginner High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). It consists of 3 sets of 3 minutes walking, 5 minutes running, and 1 minute sprinting. I also bike for 10-minute at constant resistance followed by 20 minutes or so working out. I alternate the work out into upper body (chest press, row, dip machine, rotating torso, abs, dumbbell, back extension) and legs (abduction, adduction, curl, press, calves). Now that I write it down, I should divide the working out into three parts instead of two.

.
.
.
Ah another week has arrived. What am I doing up at this hour? Help.

No comments: