Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day 1

And so today is the beginning of the highly anticipated running program.

After a less than succesful attempt to put myself to sleep at 12 midnight (I went through 2 Roseanne's and 2 Cosby's since), I woke up at 6:45, changed, drove to the running partner's apartment and in a timely manner knocked at his door at exactly 7.

We started with a brisk walk from there, then run the shorter distance of our usual route. East on University, right on Texas, another right on Main, towards the campus, all the way in Spencer, back towards Wisenbaker and Zachry, onto the pedestrian walk by the parking lot, and stopped just after passing the University towards the apartment complex. We ran 10 minutes longer than the 20-minute planned. Cool breeze of the summer morning and an empty campus. It was beautiful.

"We are running tomorrow, right? And will take only Friday off?" The partner exhorts. "Yes." I reply.

I found it hard to adjust my breathing even toward the end of the run. Maybe morning run is harder than evening run? Hopefully, tomorrow morning's will be better.

Afterward, he tagged me to go with him to the grocery store. Grocery trip with people
fascinates me, just to get a peek on things they buy, their preferences, their eating habit and stuff. I want to talk more about this now, but really, it deserves its own post.

All in all I feel energized ....and thirsty. I shall report to you more of the occurences of this Day 1, that, if I have enough energy left after tonight's running.

PS:
Hearing your name out loud, dear, it brought a sudden pang in my heart, of days long gone and the memories never forgotten. You'll always be in my pedestal.

No comments: