Thursday, August 03, 2006

Random

  • I did go running last night. The partner buzzed me on MSN at around 7:30 as he was leaving for home and would be waiting for me there. I then walked home. We ran for 45 min. I found that it's true, evening run is easier than morning run.
  • We did go running this morning. My breathing rythm did not improve. His was keep getting better. Gee, I despise my lack of physical fitness.
  • As I was walking for school this morning, a new student asked for direction to the Int'l Student Service's building. The campus map he has at hand has no legend. I decided just to walk him there. On the way back to my building, I grabbed the 5-page summer edition of our student newspaper. Aha, here I am reading this thing while some people content with their "higher" reading periodical such as Chronicles even the New York Times.
  • I've been reading a blog through the bloglines. It chronicles the life of a single, thirty-something assistant professor --with a Catholic root-- somewhere in the Midwest. I keep imagining this is what my future would look like if I happen to stay in academia. The other day the advisor was sharing stories with me. "If one day, you become a professor, you will know this situation. Professor should have more responsibility than just to pour everything on their students." Yours truly, as a professor? It gives a nice ring to it.

No comments: