Sunday, August 27, 2006

Princess BaekLucuKyutAje

I was five years old. We were living in a rented house smacked dab in the middle of South Jakarta. One morning, I heard my mother vomiting in the bathroom. I ran downstairs. "Mama, are you sick?" My little hand rubbing the back of her neck.

Fast forward nine months. This time we moved to another rental house, still in South Jakarta, in the neigborhood of Karbela. I always think it was too cute a name for a neighborhood. The house was airy and spacious. There was a flag pole in the front yard. My brother and I, we pretended that we were on the Paskribaka team. Marching, folding, hoisting and what not.

One of those days in August, when the school year was just started, my father picked my brother up from his kindergarten. They then picked me up from my school. I remember it was still early in the morning. School would not be over until many hours later. The three of us, we went to St. Karolus hospital to see my mother and a what can only be described as the most beautiful baby girl in the whole wide world.

The baby was NY. The day was today 21 years ago.

What used to be the cutest baby in the whole wide world has turned into one feisty (still cute, though) girl. I am suspicious that she is not yet a woman, what's the difference anyway? All in all she's suited with a firecracker, heck, dynamite personality and adventurous too.




The birthday girl is spending her birthday alone in Singapore right at this moment, waiting to hop on a plane back here to good ol' College Station.

Happy Merry Joyful Birthday, Princy.
Since you are legal now, shall we do something R-OH related next weekend?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what I did on my 21st birthday?
Chowed down two cakes mom brought me. Anyways no booze, Singapore prices are crazy.

nadia said...

you have got to be the sweetest sister ever. huhuhu. teared up abit there.. ehhehehehhe ..

Xinda said...

Ade, you have to ask NY for that, am I a sweet sister, NY? I believe she's the sweeter.

mango said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NY!!!!!!!!!!

muah muah

nadia said...

too busy to update that KYH is here? ahahha