Saturday, August 12, 2006

Random Saturday list

  • There is the M&M slogan, "melt in your mouth NOT in your hand." I always insist the candies won't melt in your hand simply because there is not enough time since you immediately eat them off. The fact is, the M&M's have been coated with some sugar compound with melting temperature higher than the average human body temperature, and that's why it won't melt in your hand. The slogan is literal, but I like my implication better.

  • With the amount of earthquakes, tsunamis, and natural disasters around, what I always crave for were not the number of victims, the social implication, the ubi actio est-ness of the situation, but rather the scientific explanation, perhaps some simulation, and forecasts. That's why Google News is depressing since it exploits more of the former than the latter. Just another point on this random bullet list.

  • Matt Damon and Ben Afflect (and moi), share the same conception towards physchologist. From the Good Will Hunting:

Will: Maybe you were in the middle of a storm, a big fuckin' storm -- the waves were crashing over the bow, the Goddamned mast was about to snap, and you were crying for the harbor. So you did what you had to do, to get out. Maybe you became a psychologist.
  • I am in a phase where I have a lot of fun and cordial, jovial feeling towards people in general, which gets reciprocated. But last night, when I get back to my room and read my book, I read nothing, I watched the TV and I see nothing, and the internet was not as attractive as what it has always been. What was I to do? A split second thought came to cry myself out for the same old reason (I've been fighting my way out of the thing I, naturally, blew out of proportion. It's still not a complete avail). Instead, I fell asleep, it was not 11 PM yet, I woke up only once at 3. Man, that was one of the good sleep I've got lately.

  • To what it feels like a little after 30 minutes,
"Gue berhenti di ujung situ, ah. Udah capek banget."
You didn't say anything at first and then looking at your watch,
"Sepuluh menit lagi, ya? Kita lambatin larinya?"

No comments: