Friday, November 17, 2006

Mea Culpa

.
.
That I have sinned through my own fault,
In my thoughts and in my words,
In what I have done, and what I have failed to do.
.
.

She recites the confiteor everytime in Mass. These days, that's the closest thing she's been to a penance.

Even so, a recite is a recite. She doesn't actually comprehend the concept until a few days ago when a certain Pinkish Polkadot brought up a similar subject to one of their afternoon chats.

Right then she got that spiritual light bulb working and went straight into a mild conniption, "we are responsible for all four?" And finally to realize that it is one thing to admit and to contrite that one has sinned over words said and deeds done. It's not the same case for the ones committed in mind and on things purposedly ignored.

No comments: