Sunday, February 11, 2007

This Week's Baked Good

Baking from scratch is so much fun. I need to venture out to a "real baking", which in my definition involves precise amount of ingredients, no moisture can be present, requires the use of a mixer, timing, that kind of thing.

These brownies was a modified version of Nigella Lawson's Triple Chocolate Brownies. Really, hers should be called Sudden Death by Chocolate (and butter) since it requires way too much chocolate. I'm a chocolate lover, and to me it was just crazy to use that much amount (total of around 24 oz). I substituted the 1/2 cup chocolate chip and 1/2 cup white chocolate chip with 1/2 cup chocolate-white chocolate morsel and added some walnuts into it. The 8 x 8 pan was not enough to hold everything, and the extra mixture was then poured into muffin pans.

Tastewise, this is the best brownies I've ever had. Texturewise, it was a bit on the dry side. Modification to my liking should involve using more of the bittersweet chocolate and maybe some rum instead of vanilla essence.


Some narcisistic pictorial: NY straightening her hair for no reason and yours truly posing for no reason.