Sunday, August 19, 2007

Like Jane

"H......" The sound of somebody calling my name, I was just going to get a few change in quarters for laundry. I look around to find the source of the voice. It was a guy in my department, with him was a woman, they were sitting down with an empty seat between them.

"This...is...S***," another pause, "she is my wife."

I chatted with them for a short while and then I excused myself. So he really did get married.

.
.
.

A little boy held my hand during the singing of Our Father at Mass. His father and me raised our connected hands and the boy went on laughing at this activity. Then he played with the strands of pearls bracelet I wore. The whole thing gave me a sense of belonging and possesion. Am I cut for family life?

.
.
.

I am half-heartedly looking at materials to be taught the week after this week. Later tonight, I am going to read a few papers in preparation of the letter I've been neglected. There will be one load of laundry done sometime and Rec trip at 6:30. Sounds like a good plan for a Sunday.

No comments: